Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Threat to All

I don't like jellyfish.  They sting, they are disgusting, and they can make one of my favorite activities (playing in the ocean) a total drag.  Once, one almost ate my sister, so it's kind of personal.  Needless to say, I HATE the lion's mane jellyfish:

Why are you swimming towards it?
According to Wikipedia, these foul behemoths can be up to 120 feet long (longer than a blue whale) and trail over 800 stinging tentacles.  I don't think I'll ever have another night's rest knowing that these gelatinous abominations roam free in our blue oceans.  They hover soundlessly just beyond the breakers.  Their neutrally buoyant tentacles softly probing the shallows for the taste of the coveted flesh of man.  With primordial patience they wait, counting on the inevitable evolutionary mutation that will allow them to leave the confines of the ocean and lay waste to mankind.  There is only one way to meet this threat.

No comments:

Post a Comment