Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Feature -- This Will Never Get Old

Anyone who exercises regularly knows that the hardest part of actualizing any given aliquot of exercise is getting yourself off the couch and out the door.  Seriously, if even one neuron in my brain thinks 'exercise,' it's like the couch deploys some sort of flesh magnet and I'm incapable of getting up before watching like four straight episodes of the Millionaire Matchmaker.  And, by then, I'm hungry, making it easy to rationalize that I can't exercise in some sort of horribly malnourished state, at which point I eat a snack, and then rationalize that 'I'm way too full to exercise...If I try to do anything, I'll puke for sure...Best go see what's on TV"...and the whole process starts anew.

Well, having gone through this song-and-dance about 23970572587320598 times before, I demanded that we buy an exercise bike for our basement as soon as we moved into our house last summer.  We got a real gem from Craigslist...and I was able to bargain the guy down on the price!

Basement Exercise Wonderland...?

Now, I'm not saying it's easy to work out in the basement, but I can do it while watching back episodes of Glee on my laptop, which is a pretty good motivator.


Being able to work out without leaving home -- that will never get old!

No comments:

Post a Comment