There is a lot of talk these days about knowing your 'love language'. Once you get past the cheesy name, this idea is powerful -- the idea that different people express love in different ways.
One way I've always expressed my love to Matt is by making sure that we have plenty of wholesome, nourishing food to eat. Serving nourishing food is a very concrete way for me to show Matt that I care about him. And, slowly, he's beginning to return the favor in kind.
Thus, it's very exciting for us to share some of our most well-worn recipes...recipes that you can make on a Sunday and box up for lunches for the rest of the week or can pull out of the pantry for an easy dinner.
1/2 can lite coconut milk
1 c brown rice
1 tbsp red curry paste
1 package frozen peas (frozen green beans work too)
1. Cook rice according to package directions
2. When rice is ~10 mins from completion, scramble eggs and set aside
3. Microwave frozen peas according to package instructions
4. Simmer coconut milk on low heat in large sauce pan. Mix curry paste into coconut milk.
5. Mix scrambled eggs, peas, rice, and coconut milk mixture in sauce pan on low heat
6. Salt to taste